TIPS & TOOLS
- Cautions in Worker Classification: Why You Should Carefully Analyze Whether Your Workers are Properly Characterized as Employees or Independent Contractors, January, 2014, Christy Mistr, President, Dominion Financial.
- The IRS Checklist for 1099 vs W2 Employees, FlexProfessionals.
- Staffing Model Assessment, FlexProfessionals. Review our questionnaire to see if your organizational model is working.
- Template for Creating a Great Job Description, FlexProfessionals.
- Example Job Description, FlexProfessionals.
- Situational Interview Questions, FlexProfessionals.
- Candidate Assessment Scorecard Example & Template, FlexProfessionals.
- 10 Lessons for Scaling on a Shoestring, FlexProfessionals. Trying to grow on a budget? Here are the 10 most critical lessons we’ve learned about scaling on a shoestring.
- 4 Staffing Models That Hold Small Businesses Back, FlexProfessionals. Here are four of the most common staffing approaches small businesses adopt, why you should be wary of them and some suggestions for fixing them.
- Small Businesses – Here’s an ACE for Your Staffing Woes, FlexProfessionals. Small businesses sweat hiring but you don’t have to! Read FlexProfessionals’ co-founder Gwenn Rosener’s insights on how to ACE your staffing woes.
- Top 5 Myths About Part-Time Workers, FlexProfessionals. The notion that part-time workers are uncommitted, lack initiative, or can’t find full-time work could not be further from the truth. Unfortunately, many businesses lose out on this cost-effective talent pool due to preconceived, false notions and myths about part-time workers.
- A Misunderstood Talent Pool is a Missed Opportunity for Employers, FlexProfessionals. “If you don’t want to work hard, I can’t help you.” The words stung as they spilled out of the mouth of one of DC’s leading search firm executives. It did not matter that I had an advanced degree in engineering, an MBA and 15 years of work experience. The fact that I was searching for a part-time position, in his mind, was a non-starter…
- Small Businesses – Winning Economics of Hiring Part-time, FlexProfessionals. If you are a small business and have not considered incorporating part-time employees into your staffing model, you should. The economics are there and they are quantifiable.
- The Case for Part-Time (and No, It’s Not Obamacare), FlexProfessionals. How the adoption of part-time jobs, when created and offered for the right reasons — to stimulate business growth versus taking advantage of a government loophole — can be a “win-win” for companies and employees.
- 5 Ways the Workforce Will Change in 5 Years, August, 2014, James O’Brien, Mashable. James O’Brien writes about how human resources experts predict significant change in the workforce over the next half-decade. Ellen Grealish of FlexProfessionals weighs in on how millennials and baby boomers alike are contributing to the shift.
- Hiring Contractors Without Getting Into Trouble, February, 2012, Katherine Reynolds Lewis, The New York Times. Understanding the legal implications of hiring independent contractors and the best way to structure these hires within small businesses is highlighted in this New York Times article.
FLEXPROFESSIONALS' CLIENT SURVEYS
- Check out the results of our 2016 Small Business Staffing Survey to get insight on how other small businesses staff for their business needs. Results include “best advice” sections where survey respondents share their advice on recruiting and screening candidates.