TIPS & TOOLS
- Cautions in Worker Classification: Why You Should Carefully Analyze Whether Your Workers are Properly Characterized as Employees or Independent Contractors, January, 2014, Christy Mistr, President, Dominion Financial.
- The IRS Checklist for 1099 vs W2 Employees, FlexProfessionals.
- Staffing Model Assessment, FlexProfessionals. Review our questionnaire to see if your organizational model is working.
- Template for Creating a Great Job Description, FlexProfessionals.
- Example Job Description, FlexProfessionals.
- Situational Interview Questions, FlexProfessionals.
- Candidate Assessment Scorecard Example & Template, FlexProfessionals.
BLOGSCandidate Assessment Scorecard Example & Template
- The Case for Part-Time (and No, It’s Not Obamacare), September, 2014, FlexProfessionals. How the adoption of part-time jobs, when created and offered for the right reasons — to stimulate business growth versus taking advantage of a government loophole — can be a “win-win” for companies and employees.
- 5 Ways the Workforce Will Change in 5 Years, August, 2014, James O’Brien, Mashable. James O’Brien writes about how human resources experts predict significant change in the workforce over the next half-decade. Ellen Grealish of FlexProfessionals weighs in on how millennials and baby boomers alike are contributing to the shift.
- Hiring Contractors Without Getting Into Trouble, February, 2012, Katherine Reynolds Lewis, The New York Times. Understanding the legal implications of hiring independent contractors and the best way to structure these hires within small businesses is highlighted in this New York Times article.
FLEXPROFESSIONALS' CLIENT SURVEYS
- Check out the results of our 2016 Small Business Staffing Survey to get insight on how other small businesses staff for their business needs. Results include “best advice” sections where survey respondents share their advice on recruiting and screening candidates.