FlexProfessionals, with help from our generous community partners, is collecting gently used professional clothing to help local women in need dress confidently as they pursue work. Clothing collected will be given to local nonprofit partners that support women who are unemployed or under-employed. We are tapping into our powerful professional network to ask for your help in making our Back to Work Dress Drive a success! To print details Click Here.
WHEN: October 23, 2017 – November 3, 2017.
CLOTHING NEEDED: Clothing should be gently used, clean and in good condition:
- Women’s business suits, skirts or dresses
- Women’s business casual blouses, skirts or slacks
- Women’s accessories limited to scarves, purses, and belts.
- NO jewelry or shoes please
DROP-OFF LOCATIONS: The following partners have generously offered to serve as collection sites:
- George Mason Enterprise Center, 4031 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. Drop off hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, 1886 Metro Center Drive, Suite 230, Reston, VA 20190. Drop off hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Hera Hub DC, 5028 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC 20016. Drop off hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Lofty Salon, 354 Maple Avenue West, Vienna, VA 22180. Drop off hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
- Sara Campbell, 320 Prince St., Alexandria, VA 22314. Drop off hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm, M-W, Fri & Sat. 12:00pm – 5:00pm, Sun. 10:00am – 7:00pm Thurs
- Zengo Cycle, 4866 Cordell Ave Bethesda, MD 20814. Drop off hours: 6:00am – 8:00pm, Mon-Sat
- Lend a Box, Inc., 4265 D Brookfield Corporate Dr. Chantilly, VA 20151. Drop off hours: 9:00am – 3:00pm, Mon-Fri
DONATION PARTNERS: Clothing will be donated to local nonprofits that provide suiting, counseling and other support to women referred from homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, immigration services, job training programs, education institutions and other nonprofit and government agencies.
We sincerely thank our Donation Partners and Community Collection Partners for their support and assistance. We also thank Lend a Box, Inc. for donating the collection boxes! And finally, none of this would be possible without the clothing donations from our network of part-time professionals and business clients. Thank you!