DC firm providing management consulting services to finance and accounting departments across a wide range of US Federal Government Agencies, government contractors, and non-profit organizations needs a part-time Accountant.
Hours/Schedule: 10-12 hours/week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote but must live in the DC Metro area.
- Create invoices for company and apply cash receipts to invoices
- Enter vendor invoices into AP and process payments
- Create/update and discuss cash position and cash flow based on forecasted AR and AP
- Follow up on client past due invoices
- Track and analyze projects financial performance
- Work with Project Managers on forecasted invoicing status
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Post credit card transactions and reconcile accounts
- Post payroll journal entries and payroll JE allocations
- Create invoices for entities for expenses and other charge backs
- Ad hoc requests
- Accounting or business degree or 5-7 years’ experience in the field
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Knowledge of Costpoint a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills using MS Excel
- Strong analysis skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.