Job Title: Accountant
Company: Nonprofit organization providing strategic guidance and consulting to nonprofits in Boston, Philadelphia and Chicago
Job Type: Part-time, ongoing position
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per month including a few hours each week entering accounting transactions and an increased number of hours at month’s end preparing schedules and reports for the monthly Finance Committee meeting
Rate: $30 – $35/hour
Job Description: Reporting to the organization’s CFO, provide general ledger accounting support, including monthly close, financial management reports, and support annual audit
- Prepare and enter financial transactions, including payables, receivables, grants, pledges, payroll, expenses, invoices, and bank deposits in QuickBooks Online.
- Reconcile bank statements and revenues with Salesforce donor contributions.
- Maintain proper accounting of financial transactions by class, including budgets.
- Prepare and post journal entries and maintain chart of accounts.
- Create monthly financial reports and schedules.
- Maintain assigned office and program records, files and databases.
- Provide information and develop financial schedules to support annual audit.
- Prepare 1099s for consultants
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related major.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with and knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles, including restricted and unrestricted revenues, reserves, and net asset accounting regulations.
- 3+ years of experience providing bookkeeping or accounting support for nonprofit organization.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and organized.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well independently.
- CPA or former controller background a major plus.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.