Administrative multi-family office seeks an Associate to support day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of clients.
Company: Administrative multi-family office with a 20 year history, serving individuals and families. Provides finance and administrative support services.
Job Type: Direct hire.
Location Requirements: Hybrid, 2-3 days in the Boston office.
Rate: $75K-$110K (based on experience), up to 10-12.5% performance bonus, plus benefits
Associates are an integral member of the client service team and help provide day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for assigned clients. Associates work closely with other members of the team to ensure accurate client-specific accounting and financial administration. Proficiency with accounts payable and reconciliations using QuickBooks Desktop software is required.
- Manage the full cycle of books and records for assigned clients.
- Manage the bill pay process for assigned clients to ensure accuracy and completeness. These responsibilities include gathering invoices from various sources, entering invoices, following up on missing invoices, and identifying when accounts require funding.
- Download, record, and reconcile credit card, bank, and investment account (brokerage and alternative investments) activity.
- Properly record journal entries for detailed P&L, accurately capture balance sheet items and identify tax deductible expenses.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Administer client payroll, coordinate with benefit providers.
- Assist with the coordination and organization of tax information, process tax payments.
- Maintain supporting schedules, work papers, and documents.
- Assist with client billing, accounts receivable, and realization analysis.
- Maintain electronic client files.
- Assist with or perform client research and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years accounting/ full cycle bookkeeping experience.
- Strong accounting, reconciliation and financial reporting skills.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact with clients, advisors and vendors in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative to learn new skills and services.
- Adhere to high confidentiality and fiduciary standards.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to organize, prioritize, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Adhere to deadlines and commitments, follow up as needed.
- Use of home computer equipment (PC, monitors, external keyboard) is preferred. Equipment can be provided, if necessary. Access to a secure Remote Desktop Environment will be arranged.
- Contingent upon signed Non-Disclosure Agreement, credit/background check and satisfactory professional references.
- Must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster shot to come into the office.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.