IT consulting firm in Reston, VA seeking an Accounting Director with experience implementing against 606 revenue recognition rules.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirements: Hybrid
Rate: $110-120K salary plus benefits
Job Description: Accounting Director will report to the President and be responsible for all aspects of the accounting department. This includes:
- Helping drive the overall financial health of the company by being accountable for the management, reporting, and advising of the financial operations and recommended financial strategic direction.
- The ongoing monitoring of controls and systems designed to preserve company assets.
- Establishment of the Company Budget, Timely Financial Reporting and Cash Flow Management.
- Managing and recording financial transactions in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury functions, Cash Management, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Payroll Processing.
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Develop financial and tax strategies in partnership with outside accounting firm
- Maintain and produce company timely financials and ensure proper controls are in place.
- Manage bank credit lines and any required applications/extensions
- Manage and process Cash Flow, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Account Management, Cash Management, Account Reconciliation, and Labor and Expense Allocations.
- Ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Compliance with 606 Revenue Recognition standard
- Work collaboratively with the various business departments to optimize the company success.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – (CPA) Certification a plus
- 10 years of progressive accounting/financial management experience
- Advanced QuickBooks and Excel skills
- Experience in Senior Management position
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Experience with services and project level accounting
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing against 606 revenue recognition rules required.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.