Technology company in Reston, VA is in need of an Accounting Manager to insure the accuracy of the company’s financials and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirements: Combo of On-site and Remote
Rate: Annual salary between $85k-$100k based on relevant experience
Job Description: responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, ongoing financial modeling and annual budget plan, tax and regulatory requirements, maintenance of all accounting records, payroll systems and processes, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk, insure the accuracy of the company’s financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Oversee the accounting operations and manage the day-to-day activities of the accounting department
- Support and develop the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and month-end reporting of financial statements (P&L) Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow) including variance analysis in an accurate and timely manner
- Consolidate financial records for all Global Divisions, from multiple general ledger systems, reporting results to internal and external stakeholders including year-end audits
- Manage and provide company financial information to meet the requirements of external audit reviews for company financials, valuation, and ESOP requirements
- Review and manage all month-end, quarter-end financial close process, journal entries, P&L reconciliations and supporting workpapers timely
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation local, state, appropriate
- Develop and manage best methods to ensure intercompany transactions with Global Divisions meet all standards
- Consolidate financial records for all Global Divisions, from multiple general ledger systems, reporting results to GAAP Standards, regulatory requirements, and international standards internal and external stakeholders including year-end audits
- Manage all accounting operations, processes and systems including financial statements, general accounting, cost accounting, tax compliance, Payroll, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, revenue recognition, ongoing banking relationships, monitor COGS and Inventory levels to improve controls and drive efficiency.
- Perform analytical review on a routine basis to identify cost variances, identify root causes and implement cost improvements.
- Develop and manage gross margin tracking and monitoring processes by product line and region to drive bottom line profitability improvements.
- Manage and drive cash flow performance by employing best practices to maximize use of company assets.
- Manage ongoing 3rd party relationships for maximum efficiency.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts, NDA’s, etc., and solicit external legal advice as required. Review financials of preferred vendors and customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Secondary Functions and Responsibilities: Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the company’s products and services; Keeps up to date with accounting and payroll legislation changes, practices, and procedure
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- 10 years of relevant accounting experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Experience with financial consolidation of international locations
- Superior data management and financial data analysis skills with ability to manipulate and analyze large data set
- using advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with accounting software, ERP systems and databases (MS Dynamics preferred)
- Experience working in both the private and public sectors
- Proven experience with full range of accounting functions, with a focus on streamlining the processes
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.