Boutique consulting firm specializing in the life sciences industry seeking an Accounting Manager to join its growing organization.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Remote
Job Description: Life sciences consulting firm in search of an experienced Accounting Manager to join its growing organization. The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversee the running of semi-monthly payroll.
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger adjustments.
- Perform monthly revenue recognition and reconcile to contracts.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Oversees part-time accounting resources to reconcile bank accounts at least monthly, and verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks.
- Oversees resources to verify payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Prepare business activity reports.
- Ensure consistency of reporting between G/L and project accounting in PSA (Professional Services Automation).
- Participates in preparation of financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Works with tax accountant on tax planning throughout the fiscal year; supports tax accountant in filing of annual tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Supports CEO in any audit and/or due diligence requests.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Works with and supports the CEO and P/T CFO.
- Make recommendations on finance resources and organization structure required as the company continues to grow.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Experience or familiarity with PSA software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience with Projector PSA desired.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.