Global education company in Northern VA seeking an Accounting Service Manager for mostly virtual work.
Hours/Schedule: 30-40 hours/week (40 hours/week preferred)
Job Type: Contract to start. Successful candidate will be considered for FT permanent role
Location Requirements: Mostly remote with occasional meetings in McLean as needed.
Rate: $43-48/hour (FT salary approximately $90K plus generous benefits)
Job Description: Seeking a results-driven Accounting Services Manager to oversee all aspects of the accounting operations of the company. Responsibilities include maintenance of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, ensure that timely reported results comply with GAAP, and manage a team across remote locations. Specific duties include hands-on involvement with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, billing, account reconciliation, cash receipts processing, depreciation and accruals, annual audits, and other activities that provide financial information to assist management and stakeholders in making economic/financial decisions regarding the Company’s current and future state. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills, effective decision-making capability, and the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with management, staff, and peers. Additionally, the candidate must have the capacity and willingness to assume a high level of accounting responsibility for the company.
- Perform, manage, and oversee the daily operations and activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely preparation and dissemination of financial management reports, including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, monthly billings, and annual audits.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Hands-on management of A/P, client invoicing and credit, as well as A/R.
- Manage organizational cash-flow forecasting by working in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, bank reconciliations, month and quarter-end closes, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP standards.
- Coordinate all annual audit and tax activity.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Supervision of payroll (65 employees) and all its functions, including overseeing the processing of bi-weekly payroll by third-party company, and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of payroll.
- Manage communication with internal and external customers regarding departmental work and facilitate the resolution of client/vendor issues.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and any A/P issues, purchase orders, employee expense reports, payroll processing, and payroll tax compliance.
- Manage corporate income tax compliance in collaboration with independent external accounting firm to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns.
- Produce accurate monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger utilizing online accounting system; ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries; ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close using online accounting system.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; follow up on any unusual items and prepare related journal entries.
- Oversee department budget; participate in the annual budget and forecasting activities.
- Respond to the CEO, VP of Finance, SVP of Operations, and other executive and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and the like.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Train new and existing staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s or related degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting required.
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience as an Accountant, with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role such as Assistant Controller, Accounting Director, Accounting Manager, or Senior Accountant with supervisory experience, preferably in a small to medium-sized company or division.
- A thorough understanding of multi-state payroll, general ledger accounting, and project accounting.
- Proficient in the use of Accounting software (preferably Intacct); high proficiency in PC applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle a wide variety of assignments.
- Ability to efficiently perform duties and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally and discreetly.
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize all billing and payroll issues and the ability to respond within 24 hours.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
- Work authorization in the United States (required I-9 verification)
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.