Maryland-based consulting firm specializing in helping small businesses grow through customized CFO and accounting support is looking for an Accounting Transaction Specialist to join their team
Hours/Schedule: 20 hours weekly, work to be done during business hours
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirements: Remote
Rate: $25-$28/Hr., excellent benefits and career growth within the organization
Job Description: The purpose of the Accounting Transaction Specialist is to ensure that all banking, credit card, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll transactions, emails and documents are being handled in a timely and accurate manner with great care and an eye towards ensuring clients receive excellent service.
After receiving proper training as to the standardized methodologies used within client organization, individual will be expected to perform the following duties for multiple clients, some on a weekly basis and others less frequently:
- Bank & Credit Card Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable – including complex invoicing (job costing, fixed price, high volume)
- Accounts Payable – including job costing
- Accounting Inbox monitoring and management
- Payroll Processing
- Review of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning results for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, with supervision and after completion of training
- Importing transactions from related third party systems
- Reconciliations between supporting details of accounts and general ledger for multiple system
- Closing out Trial Balance on monthly basis, with supervision
- Reseller tax ID and Vendor W-9 administration
- Regular and timely communication with KBS Client Accounting Management
- Ability to follow the economics of data being entered
- Ability to utilize and maintain tools for importing data into the accounting system
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work efficiently
- Ability to work independently with supervision
- Able to learn adopt to new technology skills
- Co-operative team player.
- Extremely organized
- Client-centric approach to all matters
- Ability to identify inefficient processes and bring them to others attention
- Ability to maintain a solution to automate an inefficient process and reduce data entry/duplication of entry
- Timely processing of customer invoices.
- Quality of work output.
- Client and client vendor satisfaction.
- Effective communication of status to supervisors and clients
- Complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner as agreed upon in each Client Account Processes and Responsibilities
- Efficient and accurate entry of transactions
- Bachelor’s degree, Business/Accounting preferred
- A strong interest and enjoyment in performing work described in the responsibilities section
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Comfort with asking questions
- Ability and desire to learn new technology skills quickly and
- Proficient Technology Adopter
- Enjoys both working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments of a varied nature, with a combination of task assignments due on a timely basis, recurring, and special projects
- Ability to work independently and with supervision.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.