Pay Rate: $30/hour
The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Executive Director and other members of the staff and Board of Directors to execute all administrative duties of the organization. Having administrative assistance will allow the Executive Director and other organization leadership to move away from task-oriented, day-to-day administrative tasks in order to focus on core strategic initiatives. They are seeking a self-directed individual with the professional experience and initiative to work autonomously to move projects forward and keep the daily functions of the organization operating. It is imperative that this individual be personable and comfortable working remotely with staff across the country.
The Administrative Assistant works to ensure that all administrative duties are executed daily and provides support for other staff members. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing all administrative duties as required for running the day-to-day operations of an office: checking and responding to general email box, responding to voice messages; etc.
- Scheduling in-person meetings and appointments for executive staff as needed
- Scheduling, organizing, and preparing for Board of Director meetings (three per year); preparing and distributing Board meeting minutes; coordinating all staff travel and travel for event attendees when applicable
- Coordinating all staff travel and travel for event attendees, when applicable
- Processing accounts payable, reimbursement requests, and credit card bills; creating and managing a system for maintaining receipts; undertaking communications related to invoices, etc.
- Creating and distributing invoices
- Coordinating all supply orders (including hardware and software)
- B.A. in relevant field preferred but not required (communications, English, public relations, education, sustainability/environmental studies, etc.).
- At least two years of work experience demonstrating an ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Strong computer and technology skills, including fluency with G Suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to understanding and working toward sustainable solutions to the core environmental issues facing the planet
- Ability to balance a multitude of tasks and demands at once
- High energy, positive attitude, flexibility, and high degree of initiative
- Comfort working remotely; comfort working both independently and within a team structure.