An Arlington, VA services firm that focuses on IT solutions for their clients in the public and private sectors is looking for an Assistant Controller with Deltek Costpoint
Hours/Schedule: 32 hours up to FT Flex
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Location Requirements: Given the current COVID-19 Pandemic, this position will work remotely. Once the current health situation subsides, this position will require meetings in Arlington, VA.
Job Description: Assistant Controller
- Work directly with the Controller to manage day-to-day accounting/finance functions.
- Perform monthly G/L account analysis and reconciliation
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, including journal entries, P&L review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage AP, AR, and billing
- Assist with monthly payroll processing (ADP) and related compliance reporting.
- Assist with Executive’s expense reports
- Prepare and support annual audits by providing information and answers to auditors ensuring timely responses.
- Reinforces company accounting policies and adhere to all company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance business administration with an emphasis in Accounting
- Experience with accounting software (recent Deltek Costpoint preferred)
- 5-10 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting cost accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly effective time management and attention to detail
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Suites
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in both the private and public sectors
- European/International accounting
- Understanding of Contracting
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.