Specialty bio-chemical and material sciences company seeks professional to support bookkeeping and administration for this growing life sciences business.
Position: Bookkeeper / Executive Assistant
Company: Specialty biochemical and materials science company providing intelligent material and device solutions for industrial and academic markets. Mission is to inspire and support innovations in the basic sciences as well as to provide technological remedies for urgent and emerging needs in human health and our environment.
Location: Beverly, MA
Schedule: 16 to 24 hours a week to start; flexibility on days; growth opportunity to turn permanent hire and increased hours.
Job Type: Contract to permanent. May also be potential to increase hours and take on additional responsibility.
Job Description: Reports to CEO. Support company's administrative and accounting needs including transactional bookkeeing, financial record-keeping, order processing and administrative and office tasks. Job responsibilities include:
- QuickBooks Online: AP; monthly bank reconciliation; reports
- Accounts receivables; collection activities and check applications
- Bookkeeping activities
- Customer communications
- Processing orders
- Prepare shipping paperwork
- Assist in preparing tax returns
- Sales reporting
- Order office supplies
- Potential for interfacing with HR and Payroll partner
- Assist/managing in planning and organizing small events
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in a science- or technology-oriented business
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Acrobat
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, adaptable and versatile with an enthusiastic collaborative spirit
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- An ability to manage multiple priorities and diverse responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written and visual communications skills
- Strong inter-personal skills