Rate: Competitive hourly rate based on experience
Job Description: This position supports the complex transactional needs of the firm’s clients in the high tech, health-tech, and biotech industries. This is not a “plug the terms into the template” position. Rather, the successful candidate will be responsible for crafting and negotiating contracts that help clients achieve their unique business objectives. This position requires a passion for client success, keen analytical ability, and clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Flexibility, competitive compensation, and an awesome team fully committed to the firm Vision and Mission.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Drafts and negotiates complex services, strategic partnership, licensing, and other agreements that help clients achieve business objectives.
Provides counseling and advice to clients’ business and technical teams regarding deal structures, common approaches to addressing issues, and implications of legal provisions in the event of a dispute.
Effectively communicates and works collaboratively with clients, opposing counsel and attorneys and staff about pending matters.
Possesses excellent legal analytical and drafting skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing practical advice regarding risks and benefits.
Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Effectively uses the firm’s systems to perform and track work for firm clients.
Continually updates knowledge and skills required through formal and information legal education.
Remains current with respect to state and federal laws and technology developments.
Participates in team meetings, collaborates across practice areas for the benefit of firm clients, and positively contributes to the culture and success of the firm.
Qualifications and Skills:
Highest ethical and professional standards, including respect for attorney and non-attorney colleagues.
- Positive outlook and passion for both the law and helping business clients succeed.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to educate and empower clients to address complex business legal issues.
- Effective listener and communicator, including the ability to draft clear, concise written communications.
- Strong organizational and proof-reading skills.
- Embraces the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues, clients, and other professionals for the benefit of clients.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thoughtful and curious, with enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
- Seeking balance between professional and personal obligations and priorities.
- Motivated and inspired by our Vision and Mission.
Required Education and Experience:
- J.D Degree.
- Large firm training or in-house experience.
- Admission to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience in advising clients in IP-focused industries such as high-tech, biotech, and pharma.
- Minimum 4 years business transactions experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a large law firm or in-house department.
- In-depth knowledge of inbound and outbound software and technology licensing and all aspects of confidentiality, strategic relationship, and services agreements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and comfort using cloud-based software solutions.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.