Privately held company in Herndon, VA that assists its clients through the security certification and validation process, is looking for a Certification Consultant – APL.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 hours/week (full-time also an option)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote or Hybrid
Job Description: Certifications Consultant supporting the APL team
- Examine and test IT products against security certification standards in order to determine and document compliance gap reports
- Analyze design, architecture and implementation details of IT products and produce technical documentation specific to security certifications
- Configure IT products to meet compliance requirements and produce certification-specific deployment guidance
- Test products against STIGs and perform vulnerability assessments
- Communicate effectively with security product vendors, testing facilities, personnel, and government authorities to address compliance gaps, testing queries and documentation comments
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or a comparable field
- Hands on experience with STIG testing or configuring NIST SP800-53 controls.
- Deep understanding of at least two of the following IT concepts: networking, cryptography, operating systems, cybersecurity, information assurance and risk management
- Working knowledge of commonly deployed enterprise IT solutions such as Active Directory, NTP servers, syslog servers, VMware vSphere, vCenter and ESXi etc.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in assessing IT products, excellent organization skills, and great attention to detail in reporting and tracking compliance activities
- Ability to work independently and conduct research to expand skill set
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot networking products such as Firewalls, Ethernet Switches, Routers, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Cybersecurity tools etc.
- Ability to use vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus or Wireshark and generate reports on risks and mitigation plans
- Excellent technical writing skills – must be able to prepare consistent and quality technical documentation
- Strong oral presentation skills – ability to articulate requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers and management
- US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Familiarity with Common Criteria, FIPS 140-3, DoDIN APL, or NIST SP 800-53
- Background in development of SAR and POA&Ms
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Background in product testing
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.