Privately held company that assists its clients through the security certification and validation process, is looking for a Certification Consultant – FIPS Certifications Analyst.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 hours/week, flexible. Full-time is also available.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote
Job Description: This role supports the FIPS 140 Consulting team
- Examine IT products against security certification standards in order to determine and document compliance gap reports
- Analyze design, architecture and implementation details of IT products and produce technical documentation specific to security certifications
- Configure IT products to meet compliance requirements, and produce certification-specific deployment guidance
- Author evaluation documentation for submission to testing labs and certifying authorities
- Produce testing reports by conducting functional, operational, and vulnerability testing of the IT products
- Communicate effectively with security product vendors, testing facilities personnel, and certifying authorities to address compliance gaps, testing queries and documentation comments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, cyber security, computer engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of a variety of cryptographic methods, including encryption/decryption, digital signatures and PKI, hashing, random number generation, and key transport/agreement methods
- Strong analytical and technical skills – ability to assess IT products and components with great attention to detail
- Strong oral presentation skills – ability to articulate requirements in technical and non-technical terms to customers, peers and management
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Knowledge of secure communications protocols, including TLS, SSH, and IPsec a plus
- Familiarity with the NIST SP 800 series publications a plus
COVID Policy: Job applicants will be required to adhere to CLIENT's federally-mandated vaccination policy, which requires full vaccination and submission of proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment. You may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement, but you must have an approved exemption prior to the start of employment. If you are assigned to a CLIENT government customer, the customer's vaccination policy, if more strict, will take precedence over CLIENT's vaccination policy.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.