Wealth management firm in Reston, VA seeking a Client Accountant Specialist for client's accounts payable responsibilities.
Hours/Schedule: 10-20 hours/week
Job Type: Project (6 months)
Location Requirements: On-site
Job Description: The Client Accounting team provides outstanding service to our clients and advisors by maintaining accurate, complete, and up to date general ledgers for a number of clients. This position involves entering and maintaining data in our bill pay software, providing support to the Client Accounting Team and providing stellar service to our internal partners.
- Compile, sort and classify client invoices according to team guidelines, scan invoices to the clients account in the bill pay software
- Process daily check runs by comparing data with source documents to verify accuracy and distributing checks to team or mail to vendor
- Monitor client credit card statements online, verify payments have been made and provide team with statements as needed
- Review peer financial statements for accuracy, provide feedback when necessary
- Collect and record customer invoices, deposits, withdrawals and fees in bill pay software. Review all entries for accuracy, compile monthly and quarterly reports for Wealth Management team.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers’ request
- Compare monthly bank accounts with canceled checks and reconcile discrepancies. Investigate outstanding checks and take corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- Refined computer skills and the ability to process information in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible to our changing client and company needs
- Time management and critical thinking skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.