Full Service Banking Institution with individual and business banking services looking for a Commercial and Industrial Credit Manager
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid
Rate: $160K plus bonus
Job Description: The C&I Credit Manager is responsible for managing the credit analysis function of the Bank’s Commercial & Industrial Lending Team. Together with Lenders, develop competitively structured loan solutions in accordance with the Bank’s risk appetite; partner with Commercial Credit Analysts and Lenders to gather, understand and present information critical to an informed credit-decisioning process to ensure timely and consistent underwriting of all C&I credit relationships and compliance with credit risk policies. In addition, develop, interpret, and apply credit policies and procedures; collaborate with the Commercial Credit Manager and Chief Credit Officer develop, implement, and manage credit risks associated with the on-going management of the portfolio.
- Gather and review required information to prepare and complete independent credit analysis for loan proposals that have enough information to make an informed decision about the proposed transaction by Senior Management, the Internal Loan Committee, and/or the Board of Directors.
- Participate in scheduling and preparing loans for the annual renewal/review process by working with lending officers to ensure that credit files contain up-to-date financial information and that analyses are completed in accordance with Bank Policy and other industry or regulatory requirements.
- Develop and evaluate the performance of the credit analyst staff. Determine specific training/educational needs for analysts on an ongoing basis. Evaluate, in conjunction with the Training Department, programs, materials, or other sources to satisfy those needs.
- Partner with Lending team to develop or refine loan proposals and when considered appropriate directly participate in those calls with prospective clients.
- Manage the analysis of the existing loan portfolio to include monitoring and spreading of financial statements and assigning or re-affirming the appropriate risk rating.
- Assist when appropriate in the management of problem loans, delinquencies, regulatory requirements, and audits or other such departmental or bank requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the Bank's guidelines, loan policies, and procedures for new and existing loans.
- Stay abreast and keep aware of regulatory trends and changes that would require modification to Bank Policies, procedures, credit analyses or other areas of direct responsibility and make recommended changes and adjustments to each as needed or required.
- Provide back-up in the management of the process and procedures used in the review of appraisals used in the valuation of real estate collateral.
- When appropriate, participate in joint calls with account officers in order to better understand the financial and non-financial aspects of the credit, the customer and the specific property, business or industry being financed.
- Rem ain informed of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates, which could have an impact on the Bank’s loan portfolio and lending activities.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all Bank problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Establish, promote, and practice strong collaboration efforts within the department and with the various lending business lines as well as other employees and customers of the bank, to further grow and enhance the quality of the loan portfolio.
- In partnership with the Commercial Credit Manager, work with Chief Credit Officer in establishing and overseeing a solid training program in the credit area to further develop and enhance the skill sets of the staff, especially trainees and less experienced analysts and PMs.
- College degree, preferably in business, finance, or accounting; or 10 years work experience.
- Proven ability to understand complex credit scenarios with 7+ years credit analysis experience in C&I; some experience with CRE Lending preferred.
- Strong supervisory/management skills, with emphasis on time management, work assignment, delegation, and staff development.
- Strong analytical skills along with a solid understanding of financial accounting.
- Knowledge of commercial lending operations and regulations preferred.
- High level of technical proficiency, strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.