Small and growing nonprofit in downtown Boston looking for a Coordinator to support the Suicide Grief Support Services in all aspects of operations and drive the organizations mission and goal forward. This organization serves the mental wellness space and has an incredible mission.
Hours/Schedule: Full Time, flexibility in working hours appropriate to meet responsibilities. There are some on-call hours during specific meetings.
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid, 2 days onsite in Boston, some local travel
Rate: $55,000-$60,000/annual salary depending on experience. Excellent benefits: Employer matched 401(k) Plan, Short & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Health, Dental, Vision insurance, Healthcare and Childcare FSA, Commuter Benefits and Employee Assistance Program, Generous Vacation. Paid Family Medical Leave benefits.
Job Description: Reporting directly to the Director of Suicide and Grief Support Services, the Coordinator provides administrative, organizational, and technical support to the department, volunteers, and participants and helps to foster a healing environment for suicide loss survivors. This role works directly with the Directors and Clinical Manager to manage administrative tasks needed for program functionality.
- Communicates, supports and coordinates people seeking grief support services in a non-judgmental manner to support survivors and their families
- Provides resources and information to suicide loss survivors
- Knowledge of trauma informed service delivery
- Knowledge of the impact of grief
- Knowledge of the field of suicide and suicide prevention
- Recruit and identify volunteers
- Provide administrative support to volunteers
- Implement volunteer recruitment and retention strategies
- Coordinate volunteer schedules, assist with the coordination and delivery of volunteer training
- Coordinate and organize materials and recruit volunteers to work at the 5K event
- Maintain accurate and updated records in our Salesforce database ensuring all meetings and contacts are tracked appropriately
- Assist with communication and public awareness campaigns to support survivor services
- Collaborate internally and participate in cross-functional programing when appropriate
- Use technology to evaluate programs and to reach more people with Grief Support Services
- Represent GSS at other organization-wide events as necessary
- 2 years of professional experience in a social service agency preferred
- Adept at interacting with others in person, over the phone, on zoom, or via email
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must be highly relational and able to build trusting relationships with volunteers that foster loyalty and commitment to the organization
- Ability to interact and resolve conflict effectively
- Highly organized with strong project management skills required
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Loss survivor experienced preferred
- Occasional physical demands such as running local errands or handling office supply deliveries
- Require COVID-19 Vaccination
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.