Government Contractor in McLean, VA seeks Design Manager to create graphics and multimedia products.
Hours/Schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible schedule
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Remote
Rate: $110-$120K annual salary plus benefits
The Design Manager will be responsible for defining and influencing strategy and supporting our clients by creating graphics and multimedia products in support of government communications and outreach campaigns. Work may involve healthcare, benefits, and information technology support with a focus on Veterans and service members. The right individual should be intellectually curious; a problem-solver who is creative and passionate about delivering high quality and engaging products for our clients and those they serve. Must be a team player who collaborates well with others, and who is also a strong individual contributor.
- Work in coordination with teams to strategize, design, and execute effective design for communications and marketing campaigns on client projects and in-house, including custom graphics creation and materials development (materials may include fact sheets, flyers, posters, web banners, icons, infographics, and diagrams depicting programs, products, or business workflow and/or processes).
- Act as visual storyteller, offering creative solutions based on written and visual content.
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages.
- Conceive, create, and present design solutions to clients and project teams.
- Oversee products from inception to completion.
- Ensure adherence to accessibility laws prior to client delivery.
- Develop templates and format Microsoft Office document templates for reports, presentations and proposals.
- Ensure consistent branding on all materials prior to client delivery
- Think critically and apply customer and industry insight to solve client problems creatively and quickly.
- Manage project schedules and budgets.
- Manage the performance and delivery of other design team staff and assist in leadership of design services.
- Actively network and build relationships with clients and partners to determine communication/social marketing/graphic design needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Photography, Communications, Media, or related field at a minimum
- 8-10 years of experience working for a Creative Agency, PR/Marketing Agency, communications and marketing practice, government and/or government contractor, or non-profit
- Experiencing managing performance of other designers
- Excellent samples of work must be available electronically for review
- Skilled use of design software applications included in the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in support of graphic design, video production, and other multimedia deliverables
- Strong graphic design skills and the ability to design and develop in multiple print and digital mediums
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to develop, design, and/or format reports, create templates, infographics, and diagrams
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and aligning new materials to existing branding guidelines
- Section 508 compliance experience
- Meticulous attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and deliver multiple complex projects/priorities and keep them on deadline
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
- Master of Arts degree or Master of Business Administration
- Prior government contractor experience
- Experience in health, benefits, IT communications and/or with Veteran and/or military audiences
- Experience with Human Centered Design
- Web design or development experience (basic understanding of best practices and working knowledge of HTML/CSS)
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.