A Boston based educational non-profit seeks a Development and Program Associate to join their team. The organization has a wonderful mission focusing on the value of courage while strengthening the literacy skills of middle school students. Great location, housed right on the campus of Northeastern University, with lots of growth potential.
Hours/Schedule: 15hrs/week, with additional hours and a varying schedule around events
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Preferred 1x a week in office, but mostly remote especially once fully trained
Job Description: The Development and Program Associate will report directly to the Executive Director and will play an integral role in moving fundraising efforts forward. The position will be responsible for an essential alumni research and outreach project, along with assisting with events, school outreach and correspondence, supporting donor relationships, and other tasks as needed to support both the program and fundraising efforts. The Development and Program Associate will work at the direction of the staff to manage systems, projects, and events as needed. Successful candidates will be able to work both collaboratively and independently, reporting back to staff.
- Conduct an alumni outreach project with the establishment of an alumni database; track key alumni information, conduct research, identify potential alumni relationships to support fundraising and outreach campaign
- Assist in planning and implementing successful special events as a part of an annual fundraising plan in coordination with the Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with existing staff to ensure events are well-executed and engage participants
- Social media management
- Perform tasks as needed to support both the program and fundraising efforts
- Assist with event logistics and project management, including administrative support
- Process timely acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence as directed; provide administrative support for office donor outreach and program outreach; including donor thank you notes and other mailings, processing of donor mailing
- Conduct school outreach and correspondence as necessary
- Upkeep the data management system
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interest in office tech solutions for record-keeping, mass communication, and workflow management
- Experience working with Donor Databases a plus
- Willingness to train and learn new platforms and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience creating content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to initiate, foster, and grow relationships with program alumni
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.