Private day school for girls in Washington, DC seeks part-time Digital Media Coordinator with photo, video, and social media experience.
Hours/Schedule: 25 hours/week, flexible schedule
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Hybrid with 1-2 days/week on site in NW DC
Job Description: Digital Media Coordinator will be developing social media posts, taking photos, and (if possible) producing videos that tell the story of the school and advance strategic priorities. The assistant director reports to the Assistant Director of Communications.
- Manage website updates
- Assist in managing and creating content for the school’s social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Serve as primary photographer for on-campus events, social media channels, and school magazine
- Occasionally shoot and edit short-form videos for social media
- Organize and maintain a database of video footage and photography
- Identify freelance videographers and photographers who can assist in the creation of distinctive materials, and successfully manage working relationships with them, including by creating and meeting production schedules and budgets
- Support the communications department as needed in fulfilling its mission to provide high-quality visual and narrative content, compelling storytelling, and clear and consistent information
- Collaborate with communication and technology colleagues to enhance the digital experience of key audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, digital media, or a related field
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Education Management Solutions or similar content management system preferred
- Experience managing professional social media channels
- Experience shooting photos
- Experience shooting videos preferred
- Graphic design skills preferred
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or similar video- and photo-editing software
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.