Company: Employer-aligned Higher Education Company
Location: Hybrid (office or client/remote) with 40% travel mostly in Boston area to visit prospective partners and attend conferences
Hours / Schedule: Full-time
Job Description: Expand and develop new employer partnerships providing strategic value to industry and key professional associations. The primary role of the Director is to represent company's suite of educational services and solutions as well as our program offerings, while establishing opportunities for win-win engagements bridging industry and education.
The ongoing activities associated with the role include selling to key decision makers via phone, in-person or at conferences, presenting the value of educational partners and services in addressing critical skill gaps, building a pipeline of potential opportunities, developing proposals for projects and program/service delivery, establishing success and rollout plans, cultivating strong relationships, and closing new employer partnership contracts. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial business relationships, present compelling presentations, develop thoughtful proposals and close business.
This role represents a truly unique opportunity to join a well-funded, early-stage company focused on creating employer-aligned education opportunities for working professionals. The chosen candidate will join one of the leading online higher education student support companies closing the gap between education and employability.
- Independently calling on senior-level executives and other representatives via phone, in-person and at conferences to understand needs, position the value of programs in addressing employer skill gaps, delivering presentations and generating new partnerships with industry and key professional organizations.
- Partnering with internal leaders and content area experts to develop well formulated plans and proposals.
- Engaging internal marketing and support resources for the successful implementation of programs and projects
- Partnering with partner institution key stakeholders for B2B activity governance, strategy development, planning and reporting
- Tracking and reporting of pipeline activity
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
- Experience selling to Corporate, Human Resource and Learning & Development departments in larger companies
- A strong track record of directly selling services and solutions to industry and/or associations
- A keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the value of partner institution programs to meet those requirements
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Proficient interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales or business development targets
- Demonstrated experience in selling to corporate and talent and development executives
- An independent “roll up your sleeves” approach