FlexProfessionals is seeking a motivated, resourceful team player with excellent relationship-building and project management skills to lead our recruiting operation and candidate outreach and engagement efforts. You will be charged with growing our network of professionals with 10+ years of experience seeking meaningful part-time, full-time flexible, and project-based job opportunities in the DMV area. You must be passionate about promoting our mission to jobs seekers and recruiting partners (community, professional, and job search support organizations).
About Our Company: FlexProfessionals launched in 2010 with the mission of helping job seekers find flexible work opportunities to remain in the workforce, confidently return to work after a career break, or successfully transition to a new field. We are dedicated to demonstrating and delivering the value of a highly qualified, untapped talent pool to employers who embrace flexibility. We have been experts in recruiting and flexible staffing for over a decade, well before Covid-19 made the term “remote work” popular. We have brought top talent to thousands of businesses and non-profits in the DMV area.
Job Type: Direct hire. This is a part-time, permanent job opportunity.
Work Arrangement: Mostly virtual with one weekly team meeting in Fairfax office plus some travel locally to attend networking meetings and events.
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 25-30 hours/week with a flexible schedule.
Salary: $55K plus incentive pay based on a percentage of company gross profit. Target earning potential of $75K+. We also offer a 401(k) plus profit sharing plan.
Responsibilities: The Director of Recruiting and Candidate Services will be a key member of the FlexProfessionals management team, working closely with the Director of Client Sales and Services and reporting to the Co-CEOs. The Director of Recruiting and Candidate Services will lead recruitment strategy, community outreach, and candidate programming as well as its tactical implementation. You will manage a lean and high-performing talent team, with the goal of identifying high-potential candidates in our target markets, building connections and partnerships at the grassroots level, and driving effectiveness in the recruiting function.
Strategy, Planning, and Recruiting Operations Management
- Working closely with the talent team, develop and execute recruitment, outreach, and programming strategies that result in a pipeline of talent with in-demand skills and desiring flexibility. Also work closely with the Director of Client Sales and Services to ensure alignment of above strategy to business needs.
- Support a high-performing talent team (Senior Recruiting Manager, Talent Coordinator, Sourcing Specialist) to ensure placement success and efficiency of operations.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to update candidate-focused content on website and social media platforms. Manage relationship with our job board/Bullhorn API integrator.
- Ensure optimization of applicant tracking system (Bullhorn ATS) specifically as it relates to candidate management and engagement, including data quality, standardized processes, and performance reporting.
- Back-up talent team and hire and train new team members, as needed.
Candidate Recruiting and Screening
- Diversify and expand talent pool with a focus on attracting and engaging talent with in-demand skills (finance/accounting, HR, admin, marketing, etc.) and/or with diverse backgrounds (race, age, career re-entry, transition, military, etc.).
- Grow, manage and evaluate recruiting partnerships and methods (grassroots groups, professional groups, job boards, LinkedIn Recruitier, social media platforms). Build relationships to increase awareness of mission and model.
- Serve as in-house expert on policies and procedures related to background checks, reference checks, I-9 verifications, workplace discrimination, unconscious bias in hiring, and other employment related practices and policies.
- Oversee candidate programming, including curriculum creation, calendar management, and event logistics. Programming currently includes FlexProfessionals-hosted, community-hosted, and sponsorship events such as workshops, webinars, resume reviews, job fairs, panel presentations, etc.
- Serve as trainer, speaker, and panelist on a variety of job search, career re-entry, career transition, and work flexibility topics.
- Explore partnerships with colleges or training providers to support candidate upskilling.
- Cultivate and strengthen programming relationships with alumni groups, caregiver groups, affinity groups, job search support groups, industry groups and other organizations as a means of expanding outreach and recruiting top talent.
- Develop and promote subject matter expertise related to job search best practices and trends, recruiting industry practices, career re-entry, career transition, work flexibility best practices, and new legal requirements. Maintain reputation as industry thought leader by securing speaking engagements and developing curriculum content, blogs, tip sheets and other digital content.
Team Culture and Communications
- With the Director of Sales and Client Services, plan and facilitate weekly all-team as well as bi-annual meetings; team building and professional development events; and activities to strengthen our commitment and diversity and the community.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be resourceful, collaborative, and passionate about our mission as well as the candidate experience and meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition, workforce development, partnership building, community outreach, or related field.
- Prior experience managing a small team or working cross-functionally.
- Project management experience and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience presenting to large groups and facilitating small group discussions.
- Experience building relationships and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Self-starter with an ability to own work independently and take initiative. Organized and detail-oriented with an eye on the big picture.
- Proficient in Google Workplace, MS Office Suite, and social media platforms. Knowledge of ATS or HRIS system functionality a plus.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.