Medical /Scientific Society seeks full-time flex Editorial Production Manager with medical and/or scientific experience.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time flexible – 35 hours/week is full-time
Job Type: Direct hire
Locations Requirement: Remote but candidate must reside in DC Metro area for occasional meetings.
Rate: $65-70K salary plus a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, compressed work week, and flexible work hours
Job Description: Seeking an Editorial Production Manager for to oversee publication of Society's 2 medical journals to ensure the smooth flow of the journal production process.
- Performs daily editorial production management
- Performs issue-related production management; reviews and approves final proofs and bluelines
- Proofreads all scientific manuscripts; copyedits manuscripts as necessary
- Serves as a contact for the editorial office, printer, consultant copyeditors, and (on editorial questions) authors.
- Manages manuscript copyeditors
- Creates production schedules
- Maintains effective communication with the Managing Editor and staff.
- Maintains standard operating procedures related to editorial production
- Baccalaureate degree required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with production management, copyediting, and proofreading for medical/scientific publications; experience with peer-reviewed medical journals is a plus
- Excellent editorial judgment, organizational and project management skills, and attention to detail; proficient in AMA style (copyediting test required)
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects and manage work of freelancers
- Excellent position-related computer skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressures associated with production of a monthly journal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, internally and externally, as necessary
- Candidates must be self-starters who can be highly proactive while also being strong team players
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.