Great return-to-work opportunity working internally for FlexProfessionals! FlexProfessionals is looking for a locally connected, resourceful, creative, and energetic professional to organize a fun, in-person event targeting moms with younger children who may be interested in part-time or full-time flexible work. This is a short-term, project-based opportunity with lots of flexibility and the opportunity to help us grow our talent pool in target markets!
Hours/Schedule: Part-time project lasting up to 3 months (estimate, maximum). Hours will fluctuate week to week. We estimate 4 hours/week, with hours never exceeding 8 hours in any given week. Totally flexible schedule.
Job Type: Contract
Location Requirements: This is a remote opportunity, but given that you will be planning an on-site event, you must be available on occasion to visit venues, attend an occasional meeting, and manage on-site event logistics. The event must take place in one of our target geographic areas: Montgomery County, Fairfax County, Washington, DC, Loudoun County or Arlington County (your choice!).
Rate: $1,500 for project.
More About FlexProfessionals: We are a mission-driven niche staffing and recruiting company. We match professionals looking for meaningful part-time or full-time flexible work with local companies in need of top talent. FlexProfessionals launched in 2010 with the mission of creating more choices for job seekers – mainly caregivers — who felt their only options were to remain in traditional, full-time roles or opt out of the workforce altogether due to lack of workplace flexibility. We are also passionate about helping those who have taken career breaks to transition back to work successfully. We were named by Forbes as a Top Staffing Firm for Part-Time Work and have made Inc Magazine's 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 4 of the last 5 years. Many of our candidates are working parents, freelancers or other professionals in need of flexibility to balance work and caregiving responsibilities. All of our candidates have bachelor’s degrees and ten or more years of professional work experience. Over 50% of our candidates have advanced degrees.
You will be tasked with using your event planning skills, creativity, and local network to plan and manage an event that will attract moms of younger children. How will we measure success? The goal is for 50 event attendees to have a fun, engaging, and positive experience that builds community. You will work with a lean budget and have access to our resources and connections.
- Meet with FlexProfessionals team members to gain an understanding of the target audience and goals for the event.
- Develop event theme that is aligned with FlexProfessionals brand.
- Set date, time and secure venue.
- Identify and secure partners, co-hosts, sponsors, as appropriate.
- Manage all logistical aspects of event, including venue, food and drink, giveaways, registration, setup, cleanup, etc.
- Develop and manage event program or activities.
- Ensure that event design and marketing is aligned with FlexProfessionals brand.
- Conduct outreach and leverage social media and your own local network to promote the event, with the goal of getting 50 moms to register for the event.
- Manage on-site event logistics, including, registration, set-up, run of show, clean-up, etc.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should be well networked in one of the DC metro target locations identified above and share a passion for the FlexProfessionals’ mission and model. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of professional work experience.
- Event planning and/or community outreach experience (paid or volunteer).
- Self-starter with excellent time management and project management skills.
- Resourceful, creative, and skilled at making connections with others.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.