- Assist in planning and implementing successful special events as a part of an annual fundraising plan in coordination with the Special Events Manager. Work collaboratively with development and program staff to ensure Samaritans’ events are well-executed and engage participants.
- Work closely, as directed, with vendors, site staff and volunteers, needed for the event; identify vendors, soliciting bids, overseeing timelines and deliverables to ensure event success.
- Assist with event logistics and project management, including administrative support.
- Assist in corporate sponsorship and in-kind solicitation activities, including communications with sponsors regarding ads, payment, attendance and more. Coordinate email and mail outreach, follow up communications, and responses supporting committee and staff in solicitations and management of relationships.
- Support Special Events Manager in stewarding event committees, Breakfast Table Hosts and Captains, 5K Team Captains, and marathon runners.
- Assist with executing communication plan and coordinating production of event collateral including invitations, promotional items, signage, and program books with appropriate internal and external partners.
- Support Special Events Manage with building and updating events on Peer-to-Peer fundraising platforms, including creating content and design, producing recruitment and participant emails in line with communications strategy, assisting participants in utilizing platforms and providing technical assistance and training. Basic HTML coding experience preferred.
- Assist third parties wishing to fundraise or hold an event on behalf of the organization. Develop marketing and support strategies, facilitate engagement, attend events, and track progress and results for each third party.
- Assist in the planning and execution of cultivation events, meetings and other smaller events as needed for Board, Council, major donors, and Marathon Team.
- 1-3 years of non-profit event experience required; virtual event experience a plus.
- Preference for experience working on peer-to-peer events, breakfast/gala events, walk/run events.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, project management skills required and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with CRM software and Peer-to-Peer fundraising platforms, particularly Salesforce and Classy, preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams required. Experience with HTML preferred.
- Experience with InDesign, Canva, and Photoshop preferred.
- Professional attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to think and act strategically.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and aesthetic presentation are important.
- Must be comfortable with phone, video conferencing, email, and in person communication.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- Functions well as a member of a team.
- Some local travel may be required for industry related conferences as well as visits to other agencies and event sites.
- Lifting/moving of supplies and being outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather, for events.
- Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential.
- Flexibility in working hours appropriate to meet responsibilities is required.
- Successful completion of staff befriending training.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.