Consulting and Care Management agency seeks an Expressive Therapist to expand their constellation of services. Caring, interdisciplinary team specialized in working with clients and families challenged with cognitive impairment and mental health issues. Lots of flexibility and extremely rewarding!
Hours/Schedule: Part-time with flexible scheduling (set your own schedule), required weekly team meeting 8:30-10am on Wednesdays
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Remote and in-person with travel to homes or facilities
Rate: $40/hr-$50/hr, including time for travel, PTO and option for 401(K), plus bonus
Job Description: Provide Expressive Therapy and stimulation for clients challenged with cognitive impairment, younger and atypical dementias and mental health issues. Therapy is provided in home or in a community/facility. Therapy is intended to address symptoms such as anxiety and depression, as well as provide meaningful engagement. Performs assessments and creates a treatment plan including which modalities will be used for each client. As needed, will coordinate with the Care Manager and Engagement Specialist assigned to case. Will consider backgrounds in Expressive Therapy, Creative Arts Therapy, Art Therapy, and Music Therapy.
- Perform initial assessment for each client
- Develop treatment plans
- Provide in person and virtual therapies and stimulation for clients in their homes or facilities; including modalities such as art, music, movement, bibliotherapy, photography, relaxation techniques, meditation, etc.
- Create customized programming for clients
- Manage and set schedule for client appointments with Care Manager and/or family
- Administrative duties including client notes, client updates, and family communication ; e-mail summary for families after each session detailing what was done and providing photos
- Weekly team meeting and collaboration with Clinical Team
- Engage in bi-weekly supervision with CEO
- Participates in training and education
- Master's degree required in Expressive Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, or Creative Arts Therapy, alternatively must hold LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor)
- Kind, thoughtful, and engaging personality
- At least 1 year of elder care experience
- Certification in Dementia Care preferred
- Proficient with video conferencing platforms (I.E. Zoom)
- Experience working with cognitive impairment or mental health (preferred)
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.