Family-owned Retailer/Wholesaler of High-End Goods in Northern VA is looking for a Business Assistant.
Hours/Schedule: 35 hours/week, Tuesday through Saturday
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: On-site
Job Description: The ideal candidate will be comfortable with working inside of a very successful family business that does not maintain a corporate environment, but often times must work with corporations, can easily pivot, and can adapt to changing circumstances. While you may not be required to work with walk-in clients, that is a constant, so being comfortable with the public is important. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. A positive attitude and passion for being the support staff to the family is the ideal candidate. The family also brings their dogs to work so being a dog lover is a plus.
- Assist with day-to-day business operations
- Manage and organize files, paperwork, and records
- Schedule appointments and meetings
- Assist with financial management
- Conduct research and gather information as needed
- Handle incoming calls and emails
- Provide general administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with a family business and able to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Comfortable around dogs
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.