Rockville, MD based consulting firm is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team
Hours/Schedule: FT Flex
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid, 3 days in the office
Rate: $110,000 – $120,000 with benefits (based on experience)
The right candidate must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as the individual will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and other high-level managers.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for an array of accounting functions. Some include but are not limited to:
- Oversee team activities to develop FY23 and FY24 indirect rates, including direct labor bid rates
- Manage, prepare, administer, and direct control of the budget.
- Ensure indirect rates are properly allocated to the project ledger.
- Ensure transactions are recorded daily to produce real-time balances for cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Manage accounts receivable and collection functions
- Provide analysis and responses to financial auditors and other external stakeholders.
- Produces the annual budget, business activity reports and financial forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Maintains the general ledger
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Facilitates timely and accurate payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies. Generates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers
- In coordination with HR, implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, commissions, employee expense reimbursements, garnishments, taxes, and other deduction
- Gather and map financial data, pull relevant statistics and metrics, and present monthly reports on KPIs.
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience with GSA Schedules and government contracting
- Created cost estimates and supporting analysis for government contracts
- Lead the month-end close-out process ensuring financial statements and account reconciliations were produced on time and in accordance with GAAP
- Implemented workflows with non-financial staff
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a growing team
- Supported the preparation of the annual budget as well as monthly, annual, and multi-year business forecasts
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments that require application of judgement in arriving at the best answer with an acceptable level of compliance and audit risk
- Experience recommending benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance
- Experience with accounting software packages, able to make recommendations for a potential accounting system
- Experience with internal controls and auditing procedures
- Maintaining excellent documentation for all activities
- Conveys information and required reporting in a timely manner
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.