Small woman-owned staffing firm seeks part-time Finance/Operations Manager with QuickBooks and ADP Payroll experience.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 hours/week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote (candidate must be from DC Metro area for occasional meetings as needed)
Rate: TBD based on experience
Job Description: Operations Manager will manage bookkeeping, payroll (multi-state) and compliance, review/refine our internal processes, and operate as the backbone of our small company. Ideal candidate enjoys bookkeeping and running a small business operation but is hungry to take on meaty projects and continue growing/developing
- Bringing all accounting functions in-house including payroll (multi-state with ADP), billing (QuickBooks), monthly reconciliation, A/R maintenance, budgeting, issuing 1099’s and ad hoc reporting
- Reviewing existing client, vendor and partner agreements and acting as point of contact to negotiate and execute new agreements. Updating outdated contracts and creating centralized portal for retrieval
- Managing insurance policies and audits including General Liability, Workers Comp and Anthem Health
- Assuming responsibility for current processes including timesheet collection, invoicing, payroll, and internal team coordination
- Reviewing existing onboarding process from offer letter to PTO/benefits administration, background check/drug testing and introducing technology and process improvements
- Approving timesheets, run biweekly payroll, produce and send invoices, keep A/R current, disseminate W-2’s
- Maintaining state and local tax and UI registrations, filings, reporting and documentation
- Managing sales forecast, commission reporting and expense reimbursement
- Complying with county licensing requirements
- Liaising with CPA for tax filings, audits, and year-end reporting
- Providing support to RFP/Proposal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience running the payroll/operation of a small business
- Experience with QuickBooks and ADP for payroll (must have experience with multi-state payroll and understand payroll taxes, unemployment, compliance, etc).
- Tech-savvy, always looking for ways to improve processes and communication with technology
- Natural aptitude and affection for numbers, math, spreadsheets, and the ability to spot patterns
- Strong attention to detail, responsiveness and versatility
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.