Local outsourced accounting firm is seeking a part-time Full Charge Bookkeeper for a mostly remote role. This is a successful and growing small business with a collaborative culture and strong leadership. Qualified candidates will have proficiency in QuickBooks desktop and online applications, as well as five years of bookkeeping/accounting work experience.
Hours/Schedule: 25 hours per week
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Mostly remote with occasional meetings/trainings in Route 128 office
Looking to hire an experienced accounting professional to join a rapidly growing client-based service company. The candidate will work collaboratively with a team to support small to medium-sized Massachusetts-based businesses. Seeking an individual who wants to grow and contribute to a dynamic and supportive team of professionals. Our client is a concierge practice that focuses on providing excellent customer service, accurate and on time financial reporting, as well as internal professional development and growth for our team members. Prioritizing this as a part-time role but would consider full-time employment for the right candidate.
- Manage the full cycle of accounting activities.
- Reconcile cash, credit and liability accounts.
- Troubleshoot reconciliations.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Manage payroll entries and complete quarterly payroll reconciliations.
- Create Journal Entries to record amortization and depreciation.
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned client list.
- Pitch in, as needed, for special projects
- Proven bookkeeping experience and a passion for “digging into the numbers”
- 5+ years of transactional accounting work
- 3+ years of QuickBooks Online
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to work with a strict deadline
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.