Established small business in the Fairfax area is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to support our in-house bookkeeper.
Hours/Schedule: 10-15 hours/week; may grow over time. Ideal schedule would be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Start date is January 2023.
Job Type: Temp to Direct
Location Requirements: Primarily virtual with occasional meetings in Fairfax
Job Description: The ideal candidate will have accounting/bookkeeping experience along with a mature, professional demeanor. QuickBooks certification or other proof of mastery of QuickBooks Online is required.
- Record and pay accounts payable, collect and process accounts receivable (invoices prepared by in-house staff).
- Prepare and process payroll (through payroll service).
- Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Ensure that all information is accurate and complete, reconcile accounts through G/L Trial Balance.
- Run financial reports, and maintain supporting documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or comparable years of experience.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Ability to work independently
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.