Consulting firm that supports government contractors seeking a part-time HR Consultant with government contracting experience.
Hours/Schedule: 25-30 hours/week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Remote (candidate must reside in VA, MD, DC, or MA
Job Description: HR Consultant role provides high level and tactical HR support to multiple clients. The ideal HR Consultant will possess in-depth knowledge of HR disciplines and be able to provide tactical, hands-on experience in the following areas: HR Operations, Government Contracting HR Compliance, Onboarding, HRIS, Benefits, and Employee Relations. This person will provide high quality, proactive HR support to multiple clients a day and be an excellent problem-solver with stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide high level and tactical HR support to multiple clients at once.
- Work directly with C-suite and/or HR professionals to coach and advise them on HR matters.
- Serve as main HR support person for regular clients that do not have HR function internally.
- Review onboarding and offboarding procedures and provide updates and best practices.
- Prepare offer letters, conduct employee onboarding and new hire orientation as needed.
- Prepare termination letters and offboarding documentation.
- Review, update and prepare job descriptions, as needed.
- Maintain employee HR records.
- Assist clients with benefits administration.
- Review and update handbooks and interpretate HR policies and procedures.
- Investigate employee relations issues.
- Assist in conducting HR assessments.
- Assist with preparing government contracting reporting (EEO-1, Vets-4212, etc.) as needed.
- Provide regular, proactive HR related communications to clients.
- Consult with clients regarding employee relations.
- Performance of various other routine HR tasks.
- Provide clients with guidance on HR matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; SHRM-CP/PHR preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in human resources, including 2+ years of experience working with government contractors.
- Knowledge of AAP, EEO and Vets-4212 reporting.
- Proactive and consultative style, with a strong service focus required.
- Ability to produce expected results in a rapidly changing environment required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in deciding priorities and procedures.
- Ability to provide consistent, high-quality service while juggling multiple clients and deadlines.
- Accuracy and commitment to quality of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.