Alexandria, VA based non profit is looking for a part time on site HR Manager
Hours/Schedule: 20 – 25 hours week (remote to start and then on site June 1)
Job Type: Contract
Location Requirements: Combo to start and then on site
The Human Resources Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, assist supervisors with timely performance evaluations, administering pay, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Develops a comprehensive performance evaluation process and assists supervisors in timely staff performance reviews and annual goal setting.
- Develops job descriptions, recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements and maintains new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Oversees and facilitates diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Oversees staff timesheet processing and leave accrual. Provides monthly reports to accounting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.