A private foundation in the Baltimore area is seeking a part-time IT Operations Coordinator who provides both administrative and operational support within the IT Department, as well as serving in an analyst role on both intra- and interdepartmental projects.
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 30 hours a week
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Hybrid, 2 days/week on site in Baltimore preferred
Rate: $35 – $45/hour, based on experience
Job Description: The IT Operations Coordinator works with IT management to ensure the department’s overall alignment with the foundation’s goals and its operational effectiveness.
The IT Operations Coordinator provides support in a variety of ways: the position serves as the primary administrator within the IT department and has a large impact on department operations and efficacy, while also providing business analyst and project management support as required. In all roles, the IT Operations Coordinator is highly collaborative with all stakeholders, including department management.
Administrative and Operational Duties
- Creates and processes contracts, in addition to managing a database of all current department subscriptions and contracts.
- Coordinates weekly department meetings, including scheduling, agenda development, and maintenance of meeting minutes.
- Coordinates the logistics and event planning for all department retreats and social events, onsite and offsite.
- Assists team members, in preparing and editing materials dispersal to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in managing the director’s calendar and email, including scheduling.
- Provides support to the IT Help Desk as necessary.
- Manage projects and timelines to keep team abreast on updates
- Oversees project-level software license negotiations and renewals.
- Proactively manages relationships with vendors.
The IT Operations Coordinator must have in-depth knowledge of business administration, business analysis practices, and IT project management, and must have demonstrated a strong customer service orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of progressively responsibly equivalent work experience.
- Basic system administration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to diverse audiences
Technical Skills Required
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Project Management Software (e.g. Smartsheet, Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and conceptually.
- High attention to detail and ability to understand the big picture as well.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make collaborative decisions with peers to expedite resolution of issues.
- Comfortable with strict guidelines such as change management, password security, and department policies/procedures. Ability to inspire trust, lead project teams, and to motivate team members to work well together.
- Proactively identifies problems that need attention, takes initiative to resolve them, and identifies root causes; strong orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Comfortable serving in a philanthropic enterprise and acting by the values of the foundation.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism as a representative of the IT team and the foundation.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.