Hospitality group is looking for a Java Developer for a six-month full-time project. Work can be done remotely.
Job Title: Java Software Developer
Company: Hospitality group
Location: Northern Virginia
Job Type: Contract
Hours/Schedule: Full-time flex from 11/9 to 5/8/2021
Job Description: Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Use Java programming language and related software development technologies such as Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE), JavaServer Pages (JSP)/Servlets, or JavaServer Faces (JSF). Serve as technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Support, maintain, and document software functionality. Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end-user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- MUST HAVE Kanban & Agile Rest Development experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Java EE development including Java 8.
- At least 2 years experience as a senior developer responsible for service oriented architecture components.
- At least 3 years experience as a developer responsible for REST API services.
- Strong proficiency in developing JSON REST APIs and understanding of REST over HTTP
- Strong experience with developing application components with Swagger REST API Framework, DropWizard REST Framework, JAX-RS and Jersey
- Past experience developing application components using non-relational database tools such as Couchbase or Cassandra or past experience developing application components using relational database tools such as MySQL and Informix.
- Experience in Agile Kanban and Scrum development frameworks.
- Experience establishing repeatable code practices and standards.
- Experience facilitating technical decisions & discussions with other developers.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using Cucumber or equivalent frameworks.
- Experience implementing mock interfaces for testing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong referenced experience with technical teams and projects in both new development and maintenance.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.