Specialty bio-chemical and material sciences company seeks Lab/Administrative Assistant to support growing business.
Position: Lab/Administrative Assistant
Company: Emerging company that provides cutting-edge technologies and innovations to support human health and the environment.
Location: Beverly, MA
Schedule: Part-Time (Minimum of 30 hours/week) to Full-Time.
Job Type: Contract to Perm after first three months.
Salary/Rate: $48,000 – 50,000 annually for Full-Time (with excellent benefits once permanent Full-Time)
Job Description: The Lab/Administrative Assistant will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for daily office administration as well as oversight of recording and shipping of products. The company is seeking a versatile, highly organized, flexible professional who will take charge and ownership of various administrative functions.
- Support company's engineers and scientists with purchase of necessary office and lab materials
- Provide timely response and/or direction to customer inquiries and requests
- Process all paperwork for incoming orders including preparation and tracking of shipments
- Handle and package specialty materials originating in company's lab
- Record and maintain accurate ledgers in Quickbooks system
- Strong organizational and administrative experience, with proven attention to detail in a science and/or technology oriented business
- Strong proficiencies in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs and Adobe
- Experience in Quickbooks a plus
- Ability to work in changing environment with flexible and and agreeable approach to requests
- Prior experience packaging and shipping of materials in science or technology oriented business
- Bachelor's Degree (in Science related field preferred)
- Proven self starter
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills