Small, high-volume law firm in Leesburg, VA is looking for a legal assistant who is dependable, organized, and detail-oriented to join their growing team
Hours/Schedule: 30 hours weekly , schedule needs to be consistent but can be flexible (ie. 4 days weekly or however preferred)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: On-site
Job Description: Looking for a Legal Assistant to join their team
- Assisting attorneys and other legal assistants in locating files and organizing, copying, and maintaining documents
- Preparing legal correspondence, documentation, and other materials
- Compiling legal documentation into files and maintaining an organized filing system
- Previous experience working in a law office
- Knowledge of collections law preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with general office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred.
- A working knowledge of general office procedures and filing techniques, along with the capability to concentrate on details and prioritize work is essential.
- Ideal candidates should have the ability to work independently, communicate effectively, efficiently handle a shifting workload, and analyze complex situations.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.