Boutique consulting firm specializing in the life sciences industry seeking a Senior Consultant for its growing team.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Remote
Rate: $130K-$150K plus bonus
Job Description: Seeking an experienced consultant with a strong industry background to join our growing consulting practice serving the Life Sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have experience managing complex engagements and implementing effective solutions to address operational challenges and support the growth and performance improvement of client organizations.
- Manage complex client engagements, leading and facilitating client teams through transformational efforts.
- Manage project teams to define client issues and recommend approaches and solutions to address these issues.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Document findings from data collected and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes in a GMP environment.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and critical product, process, analytical methods, and equipment data.
- Develop sound project plans, and ensure deliverables are provided to the client in the promised timeframes.
- Develop financial capabilities within the firm, including but not limited to solutions such as financial planning and analysis, forecasting and budgeting, valuations for mergers and acquisitions, real option strategies, etc.
- Analyze business processes, business financial information, operational performance and supply chain structures for improvement and efficiencies.
- Manipulate, analyze and present findings from large, complex data sets.
- Build robust and scalable financial and operational models using advanced Excel mathematical and financial functions.
- Think analytically, be able to drill into the detail but understand its relevance to the big picture and disseminate key insights.
- Leverage sophisticated visualization tools to provide business performance and planning insights.
- Develop risk assessments for clients appropriate for use in GMP/GCP regulatory agency filings, incorporating sensitivity analysis and simulations.
- Work with senior client management and industry leaders to develop commercialization, manufacturing, and supply chain strategies.
- Effectively communicate with client and consulting personnel at all levels to ensure successful achievement of engagement and business objectives.
- Manage weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews and develop engagement reports for multiple client engagements.
- Track actual effort vs. budgeted effort and make recommendations.
- Perform secondary research and analysis to develop perspectives on industry trends and practices.
- Participate in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s in Business.
- Master’s in Business administration from a top tier institution; major in Finance and Analytics preferred.
- 4-6 years of work experience, preferably in business finance, strategy, or consulting.
- Experience working in a “Big Firm” environment highly desired.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, operations management, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Working knowledge of FDA GMP/GCP/GLP principles and regulations
- Knowledge of Advanced Finance and Accounting principles, Data Analytics, Business Statistics, and Data Modeling.
- Expertise in Financial Modeling, Merger and Acquisitions.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience interacting with and presenting to senior management and client personnel at all levels.
- Prior experience in leadership and innovation is highly valued.
- Ability to actively engage and partner with various leadership team members to drive results and provide needed analysis.
- Ability to use data to make recommendations and drive decisions, relying on strong qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Organized, self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks to effectively meet deadlines and objectives in a changing environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Driven intellectual curiosity to understand root cause analysis techniques and solve clients’ operational and management problems.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.