Alexandria, VA Environmental Education Association is looking for a Manager, Conferences and Event Management
Hours/Schedule: Full Time Flex
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid, 1 day a week in the office
Rate: $70,000 – $80,000 salary with excellent benefits
Job Description: The Manager, Conferences and Events Management primarily manages event production for Education, Training Events and Conferences. They collaborate with staff and suppliers to ensure that the Education & Training Event experiences align with the Association's Strategic Goals, objectives, and core values. They also provide operational assistance for the annual technical exhibition and conference.
- Education & Training Event Responsibilities
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and negotiate agreements with destinations, venues, and suppliers for four to six events annually, ranging from 200 to 1,2000 participants per event.
- Prepare budgets and maintain accurate projections; manage and reconcile expenses.
- Manage meeting room layouts/seating and produce event orders/specifications for venues and suppliers, serving as main event logistics contact both in advance and on site.
- Manage VIP and Staff hotel reservations.
- Provide and proofread content for event marketing purposes.
- Coordinate staff briefings to prepare team for travel and working on site.
- Assist members/customers with troubleshooting hotel reservations, addressing dietary concerns for meal functions, assuring accessibility within meeting space, etc.
- Conference Responsibilities:
- Coordinate convention center directional and event sign order and production.
- Assist with convention center power and telecommunications orders.
- Act as a floor manager on site, checking meeting rooms and providing operational support for special functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination for education and experience.
- 6-8 years’ experience in event management, preferably for an association or a non-profit organization.
- CMP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to travel frequently and to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with autonomy, handle competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop collaborative and supportive relationships with staff and suppliers.
- Proficient in M365 and Microsoft’s Office Suite, such as Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and Word.
- Ability to travel to 7 events annually (subject to change
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.