FlexProfessionals is seeking a strategic Boston Marketing Manager to accelerate brand awareness and drive engagement across business customers and job seekers in the Boston metro area.
More About Our Company: FlexProfessionals provides staffing and recruiting services to employers that embrace flexibility as part of a competitive talent acquisition strategy. Our talent network is comprised of over 25,000+ experienced job seekers, including many women and caregivers, who prioritize companies that offer flexible and supportive work environments. We help businesses access this untapped talent pool as an affordable staffing option to support business growth. Launched in 2010, we have become a leader in flexible staffing in the DC and Boston metro areas and have been named to Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for four years. Our Boston team currently has 6 impassioned team members.
Location: Mostly virtual, with bi-weekly in-person team meetings in Burlington, MA. Candidate must be located in the Boston metro area and knowledgeable about the Boston business market.
Job Type: Contract to permanent
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 15 hours/week. Flexible schedule except must attend bi-weekly team meetings on Tuesdays from 10:30am – 12:00pm in Burlington, MA.
Job Description: The Marketing Manager will be an integral part of the FlexProfessionals team leading and executing efforts to market our services to businesses and job seekers in the Boston metro area through multiple channels, including digital marketing, email marketing, social media, events and speaking engagements. Responsibilities include:
- Develop marketing strategy to build brand awareness and improve engagement across Boston metro business community, especially small-to-mid-sized growing businesses.
- Develop marketing strategy to expand brand awareness and improve engagement across target jobseeker market (mostly working parents/caregivers with 10+ years of professional work experience – 90% are women) in the Boston metro area.
- ????Develop content strategy for monthly client newsletters. Create and distribute client newsletters using Constant Contact. Write and curate relevant internal and external content. Track newsletter metrics and refine newsletter design and distribution strategies to improve open and click-through rates.
Phase 2: Ongoing after first phase
- Design, write and deploy weekly social media campaigns targeting local businesses and jobseekers. Develop and maintain a monthly social media content calendar to include engaging success stories, registration/subscriber appeals and thought leadership content. Collaborate with staff in developing content and leveraging their networks to share campaigns.
- Expand company presence on Instagram (candidates) and LinkedIn (client). Engage with followers and other influencers/thought leaders to promote positive presence on channels.
- Drive processes for referrals, reviews, testimonials, and client/candidate spotlights and explore influencer relationships.
- Cultivate press opportunities and speaking engagements to continue to strengthen awareness of FlexProfessionals as a thought leader in the flexible staffing space.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings and develop and execute marketing opportunities based on company activities and plans.
- Establish meaningful marketing metrics and work closely with team to set targets. Analyze marketing results including followers/subscribers/registrants, open rates, click-through rates, web visits, referrals, etc. to strategically refine methods, channels and content for improved engagement with both businesses and jobseekers.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of B2B and B2C marketing experience. Experience in marketing an HR or professional service preferred. Experience marketing staffing and recruiting services is a plus.
- Digital marketing expertise including design, content strategy, content writing, development of electronic newsletters and social media campaigns.
- Working knowledge of marketing technologies including CRM and marketing automation (Constant Contact preferred), social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and Google Analytics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools (Canva preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to own work, take initiative, deliver.
- Collaborative, positive, flexible, can-do approach.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.