Small Professional Services firm located in WDC is looking to hire a dynamic and creative Marketing Manager to join their team
Hours/Schedule: 25-30 hours weekly, or if candidate is looking for full-time will consider as well
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Hybrid with chosen flexible schedule , some onsite in their office in WDC
Rate: $50/hr., based on experience
Job Description: Marketing Manager will be a newly created position and will prioritize the functions below to support the Firm’s Family Relations Practice Group . This position will work closely with all levels of firm staff and outside consultants.
- Manage the Group’s social media and website content development.
- Identify and promote all practice news and recent blog posts on social media, including drafting copy
- Create content calendar for blog and social media postings.
- Draft press releases and posts regarding accolades, achievements, involvement in the field/community, etc.
- Design, create, and execute the Group’s email and social media marketing campaigns.
- Maintain all related marketing materials, including attorney photos, biographies, videos, ads and online directories.
- Manage, monitor, and organize data and timelines for attorney award submissions as well as promoting any resulting awards and accolades.
- Develop all advertising copy, including email marketing to existing clients and prospects, as well as print advertisements.
- Manage relationships with trade and local publications (e.g., Washingtonian, Bethesda Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, etc.).
- Coordinate practice related sponsorships (e.g., submit program advertisements, confirm sponsorship payment), and promote as necessary and appropriate to increase the visibility and awareness of the Group’s brand.
- Pull, analyze, and interpret website and blog analytics using multiple platforms, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Search, and social media platforms.
- Identify and execute opportunities to build awareness, drive engagement, grow digital visibility and increase online referrals.
- Manage the execution of a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and use effective technical and content/keyword tactics by implementing SEO best practices and related content management techniques to Firm digital assets (website, blogs, etc.).
- Track analytics for all marketing initiatives (e.g., website, referral sources, email open rates, print ads, etc.) and generating reports on ROI.
- Coordinate and oversee Group’s event planning,
- Ensure Group’s brand style and guidelines are maintained in all visual and written content.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of client/prospect related mailing lists.
- Develop and manage the annual Group marketing budget.
- Serve as a liaison with outside vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism or related field required.
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant marketing experience, preferably in a professional services setting.
- Possesses strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident communicator with ability to effectively collaborate with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Comfortable working in an environment with quickly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Data-driven; skilled at gathering and analyzing data, evaluating solutions and alternatives, and making recommendations.
- Experienced in developing and tracking social media campaigns on major platforms.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite (Illustrator and PhotoShop), Constant Contact / MailChimp and WordPress.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, design tools like Canva, Adobe Creative Suite to generate graphic posts for social media and website content.
- Video editing, infographic, and video animation skills are not required but are a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other analytics and SEO tools and platforms.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.