Global life sciences company seeks Mechanical Engineer/Designer Technical Documentation specialist for long-term project.
Company: A leader in life sciences with the mission to make people's lives healthier and safer. Through benchmark services and product brands, they accelerate research and improve patient outcomes for their many business clients.
Location: Somerville, MA with ability to do work remotely
Job Type: through 6/30/2021
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, Project
Rate: $30 – $35 (W-2)
Job Summary: Support business tools by collaborating with teams working with PLM/PDM systems, change workflows, and product documentation. Additionally, engineering product definition, Bill of Material (BOM) configuration management and change control business systems. ECR/ECO Change Management.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- CAD documentation creation using Solid Works
- Working knowledge of PDM Professional software
- Utilizes PDM Professional configuration (setup, folders, moving/deleting/rollback of vault files)
- Utilizes meta-data and systems configuration management (data cards, search, system variables, etc.)
- Performs Task using CAD software and the proper use of the CAD storage vault and associated workflows
- Create and maintain engineering documentation including generation of detail, assembly, and component specification drawings.
- Understanding of configuration management best practices throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, quality, program management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes
- Interface with all key internal customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products through the company’s ERP system.
- Own and manage complex change workflow
- Perform daily tasks including, but not limited to: ERP data entry, Assigning new part numbers, BOM creation, CAD Drawing creation, RED LINE Documentation creation, Search for new component substitutions
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Engineering or Information Technology discipline from an accredited institution (Equivalent Work Experience 3-5 year can be substituted for Degree)
- Three or more (3+) years Advanced SolidWorks 3D CAD experience
- Three or more (3+) years SolidWorks PDM Professional (ePDM) experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to create and read engineering drawings and specifications, understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Previous experience with BOM generation and configuration management
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.