Life sciences company seeks Meetings & Events Specialist for through April 2022.
Position Title: Meetings & Events Specialist
Company: A leader in life sciences with the mission to make people's lives healthier and safer. Through benchmark services and product brands, they accelerate research and improve patient outcomes for their many business clients.
Job Type: Contract
Hours/Schedule: Full-time through April 2022 (possibility of extension)
• Develop and implement GA marketing events such as trade shows/seminars/user meeting/conferences in the creative and attractive way to generate valuable leads.
• Manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, marketing materials, etc.
• Work directly with regional marketing managers, sales and external vendors to ensure logistical aspects of meetings meet expectations.
• Manage food and beverage and event rental orders.
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
• Monitor and ensure the quality of all event components to ensure compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific brand standards.
• Ensure proactive communication with internal and external partners/stakeholders.
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
• Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes, including event metrics.
• Control and track marketing budget plan.
• Determine appropriate budget based on event parameters and effectively manage the expenses of all events to ensure adherence to budgets.
• Works in conjunction with internal event staff and vendors on all events related needs including but not limited to the meeting room and lounge formats.
• Coordination of badge / event registration. This may include developing badges for some events.
• B.A. or B.S. in Communication, Business, Marketing or related field required from an accredited university.
• 3+ years of experience managing events with increasing responsibility.
• Proven experience as an events planner or organizer.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications and follow-through skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Provide a portfolio of previously managed corporate events.
• Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
• Create a good team spirit both within the team, guests and provide leadership through cooperation and communication between team members.
• Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic).
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.