Highly regarded law firm specializing in the non-profit sector seeks an experienced attorney. Excellent opportunity to work closely with tax-exempt organizations and philanthropists throughout the U.S. and abroad. Great culture, committed to work-life balance; dynamic and collaborative team!
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Mainly remote, with option to work in office
Rate: Competitive Compensation, including some benefits (Health, 401k at 21+hours/week)
Job Description: Role requires strong motivation to impact the ability of their clients to achieve their charitable objectives. The attorney will represent organizations across the nonprofit landscape, including educational, arts, environmental, health, social service, and religious organizations as well as foundations, social venture funds, lobbying organizations, and professional and trade associations. Clients range from small local organizations to large national and international institutions and NGOs.
- Meet one-on-one with clients and provide consultative services regarding matters of nonprofit corporate transactions including but not limited to formations of new charities and foundations, nonprofit mergers, affiliations, asset transfers, dissolutions, and reinstatement of tax exempt status
- Manage multiple client relationships and matters concurrently
- Think strategically and strategically, responding to nonprofit client legal needs
- Five, or more, years of nonprofit corporate, tax, and/or trust law experience
- Ability to work independently and on as team
- Ability to think practically and strategically
- Excellent interpersonal and one-on-one client skills
- Ability to manage multiple client relationships and matters concurrently
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.