A dynamic, engaging, inclusive, and welcoming Faith-Based Organization is seeking a full-time Office Administrator with database and light accounting experience.
Hours/Schedule: 30-40 hours/week
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: Hybrid, with 1-2 days remote
Rate: $50K-$55K, with benefits
This position will work primarily with the Executive Director, the Accounting Manager, and the main office. Seeking a well-organized, detail oriented, tech savvy and collaborative individual. The Office Administrator will serve as both the office administrator, accounts payable assistant, and the receptionist. The individual may also take on additional project-based work, as needed.
- Maintain a filing system and an organized office and inventory.
- Managed community prints and distribution.
- Run database queries as needed.
- Provide support for publicity efforts with notices through Constant Contact as needed. Proof reading content as needed. Help with communication and coordination with congregants on various issues.
- Provide support for lifecycle management; Speak with those who have pastoral needs – births, weddings, illness, death, and coordinate follow through with the rabbis and lay volunteers including bereavement chairs, and committee. Update the database (ShulCloud). Process Memorial Plaque orders.
- Help with preparation of Shabbat documents.
- Follow up on custodial instructions.
- Keep record of setups.
- Answer the phone and welcome guests.
- Oversee distribution of key cards, fobs, and keys for staff and in coordination with security team and building management.
- Support the Rabbinical office as needed.
- Timely entry of accounts payable and preparation of weekly payment runs in a consistent and documented manner.
- Communicate with vendors. Manage vendor information including updating addresses, entering new vendors, and receiving W-9’s for 1099 setup. Review consultant vendor statements and work with vendors to resolve issues promptly.
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements.
- Perform digital/online and traditional filing duties.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a finance/accounting or related job function
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis skills
- Detail oriented, reliable, professional, and positive attitude
- Experience with QuickBooks Premier Non-Profit a plus
- Experience with ShoulCloud a plus.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.