Award-winning boutique architectural firm in the Somerville/Cambridge area seeks an experienced Human Resources & Office Manager to oversee all human resources-related functions and administrative tasks, along with other aspects of the firm's operations. A great opportunity for someone who thrives in a small and collaborative office environment, who loves contributing to the organization's culture, and who approaches each day with creative energy and optimism.
Hours/Schedule: 24 hours per week, with 3 full days onsite (Monday is a required day, but onsite schedule is otherwise flexible)
Job Type: Direct
Location Requirements: 3 days on-site in Cambridge/Somerville area
The successful applicant must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. He/she will work under little supervision to maintain existing office procedures and systems, while designing and implementing new procedures required to make the office operations exemplary and supportive of the best office standards possible.
We are seeking a person who is interested in growing with the firm, which is a very dynamic, exciting, and employee friendly environment. We value long-term service because we develop long-term relationships with our clients.
- Provide a broad range of support to the founding Principal: schedule meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, prepare documents and maintain files for new clients, maintain renewal of professional licenses, assist with letters and communications to clients, vendors and project partners as needed.
- Manage all human resource functions such as: recruiting, onboarding new employees, maintaining contact with benefit providers and related enrollment cycles, tracking performance reviews, coordinating time off schedules for team, and maintaining personnel files.
- Serve as contact for various vendors (phone, copiers, and insurance agents); maintain contract documents. Troubleshoot basic equipment problems.
- Act as liaison to information technology specialists, orient new staff to technical systems, and troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Maintain databases in Excel and Outlook; ensure organization of all paper files.
- Manage various office projects, including mailings, staff Lunch and Learn program, office celebrations, etc. Work on special projects as assigned.
- Maintain professional office appearance; assist with the maintenance of the Interior Design library; manage office supply inventory.
- Anticipate need for new administrative procedures; recommend and implement as needed.
- Participate in meetings with the Principal and Sr. Staff to discuss new operational and business development initiatives and to strategize about business and operational functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must be a strong writer and have the capacity to think strategically.
- HR/Office Manager experience required; industry specific (architecture, construction, engineering) experience preferred.
- Must have a strong ability to navigate through technology and enjoy learning new systems. Must have the desire to stay on top of regular hardware/software updates. Must have full command of the Microsoft Suite.
- Proven track record of initiating improvements in a rapidly changing environment.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and direct one’s own work.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.