Innovation Services Company seeks an Open Innovation Project Leader to assist technology acquisition and commercialization projects with global clients.
Company: Open Innovation services company working with an international corporate client base. The company utilizes its broad global network of affiliates, its technology marketplace users, and its offices in North America, Europe, and Asia to scout cutting-edge companies and technologies beyond the reach of most clients.
Location: Waltham, MA
Job Type: Direct hire
Hours/Schedule: Full Time Flex/Fully Remote
Job Description: PhD-level consultant to assist with technology acquisition and commercialization projects with global clients. A successful candidate will work with other Project Leaders and Innovation Managers to execute projects. This role is an avenue toward accelerated career growth. Key elements of the role will be to assist “tech-buy” clients in searching for, assessing and acquiring new technologies (technology scouting) and, for “tech-sell” clients, to evaluate, package and market their Intellectual Property (IP). Ideal candidates are self-starters who have an appetite for delivering valuable projects, an aptitude for technology scouting and commercialization, and the skills to manage, interact with and communicate with large-company clients in an effective manner. Attention to detail and demonstrating an ability to consistently deliver on committed tasks is of utmost importance. Additionally, interested candidates should have interest in building long-term relationships with clients, and ensuring repeat business opportunities.
- Project execution – Work with project team to deliver work product that leverages capabilities and exceeds client expectations. In concert with the team, set project strategy, manage client, conduct market research, identify and initiate introductions with targets, iterate project strategies on the fly.
- Deal Facilitation – Reinforce momentum and avoid hurdles, to convert promising introductions into completed transactions.
- Report writing – Prepare reports and presentations for clients. Draw necessary data and results from team and client, determine critical vs. non-critical delivery components, hone appropriate message, and assess client expectations to prepare well written, high-quality reports and deliverables.
- Drive repeat business – Build trust, momentum and insight at key clients, in order to translate successful projects into future engagements.
- Presentation – Clear and confident communication with multi-stakeholder, technical client teams of varying seniority.
- PhD in Science or Engineering-related discipline but will consider candidates without PhD for Associate role
- General – History of strong academic performance
- Analytics – Familiarity and comfort with some technical/scientific disciplines.
- Communication – Experience and skill in building and delivering projects / presentations; Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal – Excellent interpersonal and external relationship building skills. Team player interested in working in a team-oriented environment
- Must have strong conversational and technical English
- A second language is not required, but a plus
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.