Small, woman-owned evaluation and anayltics firm focused on helping mission-driven organizations achieve full potential, seeks part-time operations manager
Job Title: Operations Manager
Company: Evaluation/Analytics firm helping mission-driven organizations achieve their full potential
Location: Virtual (possible once/month meetings in Montgomery County, MD post-Covid)
Job Type: Direct Hire
Hours/Schedule: Approx 20 hours per week, flexible
Rate: $28 – $32/ hour. (Hired Candidate will be eligible for certain pro-rated, non-health benefits)
Job Description: This position will work closely with the Founder on a wide range of activities, including systems management, human resources, finance, and compliance. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable and passionate about strengthening small businesses, with specific expertise supporting a remote work environment.
- Master and maintain systems, including those for project management, communications, client relationship management, and cloud computing.
- Developing and/or updating protocols to guide team’s use of systems. Researching and implement new solutions on behalf of the team, when necessary.
- Supports the logistics related to our hiring and onboarding.
- Manage team members’ paperwork and ongoing administrative needs.
- Support business analyses, including forecasting to anticipate and respond to staffing needs so that clients receive exceptional support.
- Develop and implement client agreements and related paperwork.
- Prepare client invoices on a monthly basis. Assist bookkeeper in financial recordkeeping and analyses (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Ensure that firm secures and remains in compliance with certifications and policies, including both internal protocols (e.g., data security, team member CITI trainings) and external protocols/certifications (e.g., IRB, insurance, small, woman-owned business certifications).
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience required.
- High level of technical skill to support operational efficiencies through online systems (e.g., G-Suite, Office, Zoom, Box, QuickBooks, Teamwork, Harvest, Squarespace, Mailchimp).
- Experience with, and passion for supporting, small businesses or organizations.
- Demonstrated exceptional abilities related to:
- Time and project management skills
- Professional communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and high ethical standards
- Close attention to detail
- Developing and maintaining protocols and processes
- Collaborating with a strong, connected virtual team and external partners
- Candidates must have own computer access with a reliable internet connection.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.