Woman-owned small business (EDWOSB) providing leadership development and training, strategic communications, marketing and outreach services to its clients, is looking for an Operations Manager, someone they can rely on as their “go-to” person for all things HR and operational.
Hours/Schedule: 20-25 /hours week, extremely flexible schedule within a M-F, 9-5 timeframe
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location Requirements: Primarily virtual with occasional on-site needed in Alexandria, VA
Rate: $45-60/hour based on experience
Job Description: Coordinate and manage the essential activities of a small government contractor, making strategic plans to ensure all business functions are efficient and at their most productive. The ideal candidate is the main organizer and planner of company initiatives, attending to the minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of business operations. In this role the candidate will work with and report directly to the President and CEO relaying messages and ideas from others to improve the internal functions and processes of the company. You must be a creative and results-driven thinker, an excellent problem solver and possess incredible interpersonal skills to effectively manage staff as the central contact for all business communications.
- Assist President and CEO with internal communication, meeting with HR issues and attending to staff needs, ensuring any problems are resolved
- Supervise daily operations and help oversee projects of high importance
- Manage company calendar and ensure deadlines are being met
- Perform HR functions – on and off boarding, sourcing, teambuilding, etc.
- Keep CEO and leadership abreast on current company climate (employee well-being, project statuses, new proposals, etc.)
- Build strong relationships with employees and oversee their progress, noting any issues or successes
- Help coordinate business-wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success
- Attend executive meetings and client meetings, deliver progress reports and track deliverables
- Review contracts for accuracy and adherence
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred in Business or related field a plus
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 (plus) years of management or leadership experience specifically in the GovCon space
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in operations and human resources (a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a knack for productive collaboration across varying departments
- Detail-oriented and data-driven
- Able to successfully organize, lead and direct dispersed teams of people
- Possess an encouraging, can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities and pivot accordingly
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.