More About Our Company: FlexProfessionals provides staffing and recruiting services to employers that incorporate flexibility as part of a competitive talent acquisition strategy. Our talent network is comprised of over 26,000+ experienced job seekers looking for part-time or full-time/hybrid or full-time/remote positions in companies that embrace a flexible workplace. We help businesses access this untapped talent pool as an affordable staffing option to support business growth. Launched in 2010, we have become a leader in flexible staffing in the DC and Boston metro areas and have been named to Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for four years.
Job Type: Contract; on-going
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 8 to 10 hours/week, approx. 30 – 40 hours monthly. Open to other arrangements. Flexible schedule.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and results-driven Public Relations Manager to build and execute strategic PR campaigns that help us enhance brand awareness, establish thought leadership, and grow our client and candidate base. Responsibilities include:
- PR Strategy Development: Develop and implement PR strategies Strategy including target audience identification, messaging, and campaign tactics that align with the company's objectives.
- Media Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets, journalists, and influencers to secure regular coverage and press mentions. Special emphasis on major press outlets in the DC and Boston metro areas including Washington Post, Washington Business Journal, and Boston Globe and other national press such as Wall Street Journal with business subscribers in the DC and Boston metro areas.
- Content Creation: Create engaging press releases, articles, blog posts, and other PR materials that highlight our company's expertise and thought leadership in flexible staffing and other topics such as:
- attracting and keeping women leaders in the workforce
- tapping sidelined professionals (the hidden workforce)
- cost-effective staffing strategies for scaling business
- engaging semi-retirees in flexible positions
- navigating talent shortages
- Thought Leadership: Work closely with company leadership to establish them as industry thought leaders through expert commentary, interviews, and speaking engagements.
- Community Engagement: Identify relevant industry events, associations, and networks through which company leadership and staff can connect with potential clients, candidates, and partners.
- Monitoring and Analysis: Continuously evaluate the performance of PR efforts and media coverage and adapt strategies as necessary to maximize results.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of PR experience.
- Experience engaging and nurturing journalist relationships.
- Experience in professional services industry preferred, especially staffing and recruiting service industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. Enjoys and accels at content creation.
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to own work, take initiative, deliver.
- Collaborative and creative.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.