Small business in Fairfax County that provides tutoring and academic coaching to students needs a Program Support Specialist.
Hours/Schedule: 10 hours/week; may grow over time
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirements: On-site 2-3 days/week
Job Description: Support the SAT/ACT Preparation and College Coaching programs, as well as assist with special projects.
- Social media monitoring and posting according to established templates
- Schedule tutoring and classes and update information using Acuity software
- Proofreading, writing, and editing for educational materials and client communications
- Conduct research for office projects as assigned
- Conduct SAT/ACT test administration/proctoring and computer-based test scoring and report printing
- Set up (including scheduling and invitations) and support staff with college coaching workshops. (Approximately 12 workshops per year)
- Clerical duties as assigned to include photocopying, filing, answering phones, collating and sorting materials
- Update database and maintain detailed spreadsheets
- Schedule, update and manage year-round client correspondence system
- Assist with projects as directed by Principal
- Support SAT/ACT Preparation and College Coaching programs
- Review and score SAT/ACT Essays with rubric
- Brainstorm, edit, and proofread Student Resumes and college application essays
- Conduct mock interviews with students, including debrief/coaching session and detailed written report
- Assist with classroom instruction on occasion, special projects, and presentations
- Assist with marketing and advertising activities to promote the business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current/recent workforce participation. Experience in educational/academic environment a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Writing, editing, and proofreading experience
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Graphic design experience desirable
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and efficiency
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an active environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.